Feel free to follow me on twitter @TessaTennant
My working life has been dedicated to innovation in financial services for sustainability. Working for over twenty years in the investment industry, especially with asset owners, I have co-launched numerous funds and organisations in the field.
* I co-founded the UK’s first equity investment fund for sustainable development in 1988, now called the Jupiter Ecology Fund.
* I am President and co-founder of The Ice Organisation myice.com a loyalty programme rewarding sustainable living.
* I am a Non-Executive Director of the UK’s Green Investment Bank
* In 2001, I co-founded the Association for Sustainable & Responsible Investment in Asia asria.org and remain on the Board.
* I was first Chair and co-founder of the Carbon Disclosure Project cdproject.net where I am now a Trustee.
* I am Chair of the Global Cool Foundation globalcool.org
* I am a member of the Advisory Board of carbontracker.org
* I am also the external adviser to the SRI Committee of Oxford University’s Endowment Fund.
In the early nineties I helped to develop HRH The Prince of Wales’s Business in the Environment initiative and was a member of the UK Government’s Advisory Committee on Business and the Environment. I was Chair and co-founder of the UK Social Investment Forum uksif.org ; I have served as a WWF UK Ambassador and I’m a Fellow of the Schumacher Society. In 2003 I received the Sustainability Leadership Award from SAM/SPG of Switzerland and in 2004 was joint winner of the City of Goteborg International Environmental Leadership Prize.
On 24th April 2012, I had the very great honour of winning the fourth-annual Joan Bavaria Award for Building Sustainability into the Capital Markets. The announcement was made at the opening reception of the Ceres annual conference Boston, MA. ceres.org This is the first time the award has gone to a non-US citizen which makes it even more of an honour to be chosen. Joan was an incredible woman, gave me my first break in sustainable investment, and I am very lucky indeed to have known her.